There are lots of ways to do this, but I have found this to be fast, simple and it just works. I set up a Wyze web camera on a Wyze account and that Wyze account is linked to my Amazon Alexa account. With accounts linked, we can now ask Alexa to show the nursery on the Echo show devices or the Amazon Fire TV in the kitchen. We did not use this particular method during the first 6 months because I , Mr. TIBAL, was unwilling to take any heat for the internet not working and causing any disruption in the video feed to the nursery. I also set up this same scheme for two cameras outside. I have the same ability to call Alexa to show my front door or garage door.
To get started, you will need:
→ Wyze Cam
→ Smartphone or tablet
→ Your Wi-Fi name and password
Your wireless access device (Wi-Fi router) must be using a 2.4GHz signal. Most wireless access devices today use 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz.
1. Download the Wyze app in the iOS app store or from Android Play
2. Create a Wyze account if you do not have one
3. Plug in the camera using the included USB cable and power adapter
4. Connect your phone to your 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network and have your network password ready.
5. Open Wyze app and sign up or log in
6. Follow Wyze app instructions for adding device
7. Leave the camera powered on for the remainder of the setup
NOTES: Make sure there are no extra spaces before or after the wireless password you typed in.
8. Verify that you are able to view camera from mobile app
9. Open Amazon Alexa app on mobile device
10. Navigate to “Devices” menu
11. Click on “+” to add a device
12. Click on “Add Device”
13. Click on “Camera”
14. Click on “Wyze”
15. Click “CONTINUE” because you have already downloaded the Wyze app and setup the camera
16. Click on “ENABLE TO USE”
17. Type in your login information that you used in the Wyze app
18. Click on “Discover Devices”
19. Click on “SET UP DEVICE”
20. I chose to click on “SKIP”, but you can group as you see fit
21. Click on “DONE”
22. From an Amazon Echo Show Device or Amazon Fire TV, say “Alexa, show <camera name>.” and the video will display.